Google Productivity Tip: Google Reader Subscription Folders



I digest around two-hundred feed items per morning... and a recent discovery allows me to get through my feeds even faster.

I've grouped my feeds by normal topic, such as Tech, Business, World News, Design, Photography, Programming. When I view by folder, it allows me to see easily the duplicate topics. So when a new iphone comes out, rather than have the same details scattered throughout my feeds I can deal with all of them at once, and set the rest as read.

Of course, a computer organization scheme wouldn't be complete without a couple keyboard shortcuts... In order to move between folders press Shift + J/K, just like moving throughout the feed items. To open the folder, press Shift + O. And of course, to return to your main window, press G + A to "Go to All Items."

If you have any other suggestions or ideas, please comment me or reply me at @multithreadblog.
blog comments powered by Disqus